Businesses eligible for the GMS Catalyst Grant Program must meet the following requirements:
• Be an operational for-profit businesses located within the City of Gardiner
• Be occupied on commercial property and service customers face-to-face
• Have been opened for greater than six months
• Be a federally recognized business
• Had 50 employees or fewer on May 1, 2022
• Be in good standing with regard to state and local taxes and licenses
Eligibility is determined from five key factors:
• How funds will be utilized and their impact (use of funds)
• Impact of your services on the community (average daily customers, etc.)
• Sustainability (Determined through P&L Sheets)
• Size of business (number of employees)
• Number of years in operation in Gardiner
The GMS Catalyst Grant can be used for many typical business-related expenses including:
• Physical improvements
• Inventory and products directly used in production of a product for sale
• Marketing expenses
• Payroll (exclusive of owner compensation)
• Rent or mortgage payments
• Insurance, or similar expenses
Funds cannot be used for non-business related expenses such as private debts or for past-due tax payments.
Eligible businesses can apply for up to $2,500. Maximum of one award per business.
In addition to the attached application, a business must provide the following to help determine impact and financial vulnerability:
• 2019-2021 Profit &Loss statements (or from date of opening if after Jan. 2019)
• January-April 2022 monthly Profit & Loss statement with monthly expenses included
• Current balance sheet
Applications and all required financial information must be submitted by Friday, June 3, 2022 at 5pm.
A panel will review all applications and make final decisions in early June. The Gardiner Main Street Catalyst Grant program has limited funding, therefore not all grant requests may be approved. Applicants will be notified of panel decisions and grant funds will be awarded by check by June 15, 2022.
Completed grant application and supporting financial materials should be submitted to Gardiner Main Street:
Online Application: www.gardinermainstreet.org/catalyst
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: PO Box 194, Gardiner, ME 04345
In Person: 192 Water St, 2nd Floor, Gardiner, ME
For more information, contact Melissa Lindley, Gardiner Main Street executive director at 207-582-3100 or email@example.com
Complete the application form online. You’ll have the option to upload supporting financial documents or submit those separately to Gardiner Main Street.
View and print or download the grant application:
Submit completed grant application and supporting financial materials to the Gardiner Main Street office by June 3, 2022 at 5pm via:
• Completed Online Application Form
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Mail: PO Box 194, Gardiner, ME 04345
• In Person: 192 Water St, 2nd Floor, Gardiner, ME
A panel will review all applications and make final decisions in early June.
The Gardiner Main Street Catalyst Grant program has limited funding, therefore not all grant requests may be approved.
Applicants will be notified of panel decisions and grant funds will be awarded by check by June 15, 2022.